Thursday, April 17, 2014

Recipe: Baked Ham & Noodles (Casserole)

I have fond memories of eating this casserole as a kid.  It wasn't necessarily in the regular rotation of meal choices, but I enjoyed it each and everytime it DID come up in the rotation!  This is about as basic, basic, basic as it gets, folks.  It's nothing wild and crazy, or hot and zesty.  It's just simple and down-home, because you know... I grew up on a farm and all that... ummm.... NOT.  But you get the idea.  Comfort food at it's finest (and a great way to use up leftover ham!)  Maybe you'll have some of that after Easter Sunday?  Just sayin'.

LOL - don't talk to me about the irony of this happy pig-face for a pork recipe!
I know, I know... but I couldn't resist!  *wink

Baked Ham & Noodles (Casserole)

12 oz. pkg. wide egg noodles (or your favorite kind of noodle)
2 cups ground or finely chopped ham
1 small onion (I use dehydrated)
1/4 cup milk
salt & pepper
butter
breadcrumbs

Cook noodles according to package.  Place layer of noodles in buttered casserole, then a layer of ham, and sprinkle some onion, salt, and pepper.  Repeat, layer by layer until all ingredients are used, ending with a layer of noodles on top.  Pour in milk, but (depending on casserole size/depth) make sure the milk doesn't cover the top layer of noodles.

Melt a tablespoon or so of butter in a small pan, and add a handful of breadcrumbs.  Stir over low-medium heat (watching carefully) until butter is absorbed and breadcrumbs are toasty.  Sprinkle over casserole.

Bake for one hour at 350F.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blessings to you and your family this Easter weekend as we celebrate our RISEN SAVIOR!  How will you celebrate?  My own family will be together for worship on Sunday morning (there is no better worship than on Easter Sunday!), and my extended family will gather for lunch at Jill's.  Guess what she asked me to bring?  (THIS!)  Whatever your plans, enjoy the blessings of the day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Linking with:
Jennifer Rizzo for Fabulously Creative Friday
Craftberry Bush for The Inspiration Gallery


1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...