Thursday, December 29, 2011

Project Pinterest: Christmas Stars!

Okay, I am totally taking this one on the road, folks!  I LOVE making these beautiful stars. Of course, it's useless to make them in large quantities unless you've really got a place for them, or people lined up to get one or something.  I have neither.  Nevertheless, I made two.

The key is a SQUARE sheet of paper.  I decided to use up some of my Christmas 12 x 12 scrapbook paper that has been around too long.  I had a few coordinating sheets, and thought I'd give it a go.

Here's my first attempt:


You know what I LOVE about this craft?  It looks so tricky, but it is SO EASY!  Trust me on this.  Can you cut paper?  Can you tape and staple?  You're good to go!!

The original pin is HERE.  And please oh please, go to the website (where I found it) to learn all of the easy instructions!  Angela of Button Bird Designs does such a great job of spelling things out.  I even made mine with "my best girl" -- same as Angela.  We actually made them side by side, as my best girl wanted to make a pure white one.  She got away with it before I could get a picture!

The above star is about 32" from top to bottom when it hangs.  I used regular scrapbook paper -- not a heavy type.  I'm sure if you used a heavy paper or cardstock it would hang differently.

I mentioned that I made TWO, right?  Here's the other one:


In this case, I used 6" squares, and ended up with a star that measures about 16" when hanging.  This one was only slightly trickier.  The smaller your star, the smaller the space in which you have to fit the stapler -- which you'll understand when you read Angela's instructions.

Hey, I think I just thought of another place to hang one.

Oh wait.  Is that a line forming outside my door?  Hmmm, I might have to go make another one or two (or so) ...just in case.



Happy Pinning!!!




Here are the rules:
1. Decide which pin on Pinterest you’d like to recreate.
2. Create it!
3. Flop or success, create a blog post about your re-do and include the original pin’s url.
4. Add the Project Pinterest button to your post so others can join in too!
5. Link up and check out other bloggers’ posts!




I'm also linking up with:


3 comments:

  1. Sally, Thanks so much for sharing! I love your Christmas Star! Hard or Easy, it's worth the effort, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were very fun to make! Anna was very proud of hers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool! And look amazingly easy too. These could be pretty for all seasons with appropriate scrapbooking paper. THanks for linking up to Project Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...