Sunday, May 22, 2011

Prosciutto and Schokolade

My thoughtful mother-in-law went on a trip to Germany -- with a little side trip to Italy.  She shipped Prosciutto and Chocolate home to share with the family.  Mmmmm, I've always wanted to try Prosciutto. So, I have this nice little nugget of Prosciutto, and no clue what to do with it.


Ironically, at the deli today, I was behind a lady who ordered some of the same.  It was (hold onto your seats!)  $18.99 a pound.  (Did you KNOW this?)  The person working at the deli was kind enough to give her the super-saver discount since the ham's expiration date is tomorrow.  Cha-ching.  Now a "bargain" at just $8.99 a pound.

This lady had a printed recipe in her hand.  She had her act together.

I have no act to pull together.  No arsenol of Prosciutto recipes.  How about you?

Calling all recipes using Prosciutto.  Please and pretty please.

Feel free to leave a link in the comments or e-mail me a recipe!
Thank you - in advance.

I think I'll have a little treat while I wait.


Also, I am the "Google Queen" in case you didn't know it,
and I found the Academia Barilla site
which told me how to store my Prosciutto:

"Deboned and vacuum-sealed, Prosciutto di Parma should last up to 6 months in the refrigerator or a cool place with a steady temperature of 40 to 46°F. Only bone-in Prosciutto di Parma can be hung and left at a room temperature of between 62 and 68°F for up the 12 months.   Once you begin slicing the meat, if can stored in the refrigerator for up to a month, as long as you cover the exposed part with plastic wrap."

Now you know.


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what you do with it. I am hungry just thinking about it.

    Cha Cha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...