Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ooh La La ~ A Cinnamon Roll Testimonial

Yesterday, I saw this on Twitter:

"@: Honey, I shrunk your cinnamon rolls! Small batch recipe for cinnamon rolls. via @kitchenmage"

I filed this away in my mind because I know that the (only) thing holding my husband (the baker) back from baking the The Pioneer Woman's recipe was the fact that the recipe makes 40-50 rolls.  Since we don't ride around the ranch all day burning calories or have any cowhands to share with, we decided we had better steer clear, just to be on the safe side.  (I'm sure Ree would understand, right?  How DOES she keep her girlish figure?)

Well, wouldn't you know it... the hubby came home in a baking mood.  Cha-ching!  I mentioned the shrunken recipe - you know, just in passing.  And wouldn't you know it... THAT's what he chose to bake.  Lucky me... I mean, lucky US.


The Pioneer Woman can hold onto her bragging rights, because these are quite possibly THE BEST cinnamon rolls EVER - and hubby even made them without the icing, since we didn't have powdered sugar on hand.  I can attest to the fact that they need no icing (I know, I know -- but just in CASE you find yourself without powdered sugar, like we did.)

If you want the shrunken recipe, you can find it HERE.  Thank you kitchenMage.

If you want The Pioneer Woman's original recipe for 40-50 rolls, you can go HERE.  Thank you Ree! 

A salute to Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman!
I love her sense of humor, and I love her cookbook.
You can find it HERE.



4 comments:

  1. Wow those looks delish! My husband LOVES cinnamon rolls! I have to have REALLY REALLY good ones to eat them..really soft with just a hint of cinnamon since cinnamon is not my 'forte' lol! But the way you describe these I would probably like them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to love the timing of my post. Glad to enable, er...HELP you guys have tasty treats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Pioneer Woman's rolls are yummy! I have her cookbook and purchased several as gifts last year when it first hit the shelves. My dad loves the book ( he was a farm boy turned college professor) because of the recipes and the photos. He likes the step by step pics of the process as well as the pics of life on the ranch.
    Btw-I have created a pretty mean caramel pecan roll recipe you might want to try sometime-and it's easy to downsize! Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...