Monday, January 3, 2011

Faith+ Bloggers - Part 1


When I started blogging, I never dreamed that I would become part of a community where there is so much camaraderie, and genuine concern and care for one another.  As a Christian - a believer in and follower of Jesus Christ - I didn't know that I would find so many fellow-believers who were blogging about things they love, and sharing their faith at the same time.  Now mind you - there are believers of every shape, size, and color, and therefore believing bloggers who share their faith on many different levels.  But, that's what makes us all unique and different.  There are Christ-followers who write about...following Christ.  But, there are also Christ-followers who write about family, baking, cooking, and organizing, homemaking, entertaining and decorating... you name it!  LIFE!

Here are some of my favorites:
* You'll find Amanda at i am mommy and i am baker.  I am in awe of her sweet creations, and am especially impressed with her cut-out cookies, and cakes (as previously mentioned on this blog).  I especially love her reliance on God in all things, her ability to put a positive spin on negative things that come her way, and how (between her blog and twitter) she calls for prayer and passes things on that we can be praying for as a community of believers.  She has a sweet and tender heart.

* Rachel's address is No. 17 Cherry Tree Lane.  She will boldly tell you that nothing really matters but Christ.  That's what it's all about.  Rachel is a young mom, always challenging herself to be a better person - stronger in her faith, and being honest along the way - which I so appreciate.  She recently had a baby, and her story of the delivery and "her plan" is inspiring.  She had to let go of her plan, and recognize that whatever God had for her was even better.  How many of us have experienced that?  Rachel shares from her heart - something I love about her.

* Do you know Susie Davis - the good news girl?  She is a pastor's wife, and the author of several books.  Susie has so much to share, and such a sweet spirit about her.  You know we make impressions on one another as much through our written words as in person...and Susie makes an impression.  She has such good insights, and gently shares them in a way that makes you think.  She's also got a lot of good recipes to share - amongst other things!  She's the lady behind The Joy Challenge, and I have come to realize that she and I have so much in common -- MUCH to be thankful for, and JOYful about!

* Sandy Coughlin can be found at Reluctant Entertainer.  I received her book for Christmas, and I am enjoying strolling through the pages, and gathering information as well as courage to become a better entertainer.  I so admire Sandy, and all that she shares on her blog.  I've written about her in a previous post, but since then, I've gotten to know her even better through her book.  Sandy says she has a "normal" family (you know, the kind you and I like to tell ourselves we have?), and entertains as a way to get to know others.  She believes that ultimately, we should be having guests into our home to bless them, and not to impress them.  She also wants us each to use the gifts and talents that God gave us to bless others.

* Then, there is Kayla Aimee: only slightly neurotic who has recently (almost 8 weeks ago) given birth to a sweet preemie - Scarlette.  Oh, the stories that she has shared about the struggles that her little girl has endured in her short life.  Yet, Kayla Aimee's faith is ever-present.  She is such an inspiration!  Each of her posts prods me to pray for her sweet miracle baby.

These are some of my favorite spots to stop for a visit - but I've got more.  Come back soon for Part 2!

Happy 2011, Friends.
Here's to new beginnings, honest offerings, and sharing our faith!


5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Sally. You blessed me with your kind words and heart... as well as showing me some amazing women I want to get to know better! A beautiful post... thanks so much!

    Be blessed-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, thanks so much and it's been fun following you on Twitter, too. I love the other women you mentioned (I'm humbled I'm amongst them in this post! LOL) and Happy New Year. Maybe we'll meet up in '11. Love, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you soooo much! This made me so happy! Pure joy! I appreciate your encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sally...thank you so much for turning me on to others' blogs who share our faith!
    What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...