Friday, January 28, 2011

Got Faith?

My Random House dictionary defines faith as complete confidence or trust.

I remember hearing faith described this way when I was young: Faith is knowing that when you sit down in a chair -any chair- that it will support you and keep you from falling to the floor.

So, on a larger scale - faith is the confidence that I have when I board a 747 - knowing that it will carry me across the country (even across the ocean) without plummeting to earth.

And for my friend, faith is trusting that God will carry her through the diagnosis of thyroid cancer after just completing seven weeks of treatment for breast cancer.

Faith in GOD is having complete confidence or trust in HIM -- knowing that he wants the very best for us - that he has our very best interests at heart.


"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for,
the evidence of things not seen."
Hebrews 11:1 (KJB)

Let's be honest.
In real life, chairs do break, planes do go down, and our plans do fail.

Faith is believing that God's plan is better.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD,
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future." 
Jeremiah 29:11(NIV)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sally! I really enjoyed this post! I love the scriptures you have chosen and they will be a nice reflective end to my day-well actually the beginning I guess, since it's now 3AM! Lol
    Have a beautiful, relaxing and faith-filled weekend!
    Suz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...