Monday, February 2, 2015

When Crafting With Candy, Know Your Audience

So, I'm not entirely sure what I was thinking when I fell in love with my friend Pam's Valentine idea.  Obviously, I forgot her comment: "You gotta use a candy that you don't love more than life itself, or you're just asking for it be be refilled constantly." 


Obviously, I forgot the "audience" at my house -- since this jar wasn't even out on display 48 hours before somebody wanted to empty it.  [In reality, 48 hours is probably some kind of record around here!]


That person shall remain nameless, but suffice it to say that he[?] was told it was there for decorative purposes.  I really didn't think that these little cinnamon red-hot things would be very tempting.


Obviously, I am not the right person to ask.  Obviously.


The good news is that I am pretty sure he[?] heard the edge to my voice, shook in his[?] boots, and returned the jar to the tabletop, unopened.  Pretty sure.  Or, you know... umm, not.


Either way, I have learned my lesson.

When crafting with candy, KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE.


#LoveIsWorthCelebrating


To see all the "daily-daily" stuff,
follow me on Instagram here:
Instagram 


1 comment:

  1. Ha! Sally, I agree! This past Christmas I made a candle decoration with wrapped candy canes that just hung on a hurricane. They disappeared in very short order! I had to keep buying more to make my decor look like decoration! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...