Tuesday, June 28, 2011

There's No Place Like Home (3x)

home·bod·y/ˈhōmˌbädē/

Noun: A person who likes to stay at home,
esp. one who is perceived as unadventurous.



Well, no ruby slippers - but I did take a photo over the weekend of these ruby-red Asiatic Lilies.  Aren't they pretty?

I've been thinking a lot about home -- because I haven't been here much lately.  Last week was the second week of my nine-week summer job at our church day camp.  The evenings were filled with volunteering at Vacation Bible School.  The week was -- well, a little random and scattered as far as family and meals and anything resembling our "normal" summer routine.  I love my summer job, but admit that I get a little homesick.

I know that I am privileged (okay, spoiled) as a stay-at-home-mom.  Anytime of the day, I can look out the window at our yard & watch the birds, or check on the latest flowers to bloom, or bake something yummy for my family.  The best part, of course, is being here for our kids!!

I am also privileged to have a job that has accommodated me and my kids for the past six years!  God is good -- all the time.  Can I get an AMEN?

At this time of year, I especially have a new appreciation for working moms.  I don't know how you do this day in and day out.  My kids are a little older, and therefore self-sufficient for the most part.  It gets a little easier each summer.  I cannot imagine working full time with smaller children.  So -- my hat is off to those of you who do this year-round -- no matter what the ages of your children!

Tell me though... Will you share your best kept secret when it comes to keeping your household sane?  Having a menu plan?  Getting dinner on the table?  Getting that never-ending pile of laundry to disappear?

Every year I think I have it figured out, and we do good for about 3 of the 9 weeks, and then we flounder and... fail.  Help.  I want to keep going strong for the nine weeks that I will be working at camp.

Give me your best tips!

I'll share my favorite FIVE, and link to your blog
so that others can find out how fabulous you are!

Thanks for taking the time to share!
(I'll pick 5 commentors by Sunday PM)


2 comments:

  1. I have a master list of things that need to be done and when we have a moment I go to it and pick the next most important thing. This helps because I forget in the chaos and then nothing gets done until it is piled over our heads and everyone is hungry and nobody is Happy.

    Cha Cha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make your Crock Pot your friend....which is the corrolary to "make your calendar your friend." :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...