Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What's Your Favorite Therapy?

I think everyone has their own therapy.
It may be formal sessions with a therapist.
But it may also be as simple as a chocolate stash
that you know you can reach for at the end of a crazy day.
It may be a weekly lunch date with a friend.
Or perhaps "retail therapy."

My therapy of choice is working on scrapbooks with my mom.
One of the things we laugh about is misplaced sticky letters! 

Tuesday.
Scrapbooking Night.
Well, at least from February to May
and from September to November.
These are the months that (between my Mom's schedule and mine)
we can manage to get together on a regular basis.
Weather permitting.
Tonight is the night.
Two hours of virtually uninterrupted time.

Perhaps I will finally get my December Daily album done.
And then there is the album I'm working on for a friend.
And, of course, our family album - which I need to catch up on.

As important as the finished products are to me,
time with my mom is more precious.
We have spent hours of time face-to-face
across the dining room table.
Discussing hard subjects.
Sharing joys.
Sometimes tears.
Always laughter.
Good therapy.
And if you don't count all the scrapbook supplies,
it's FREE!

See you later Mom.


2 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun! My mom never got into scrapbooking. She likes the supplies and would often buy them for me as a surprise:) My mom & I would often sew together when we lived in the same area. I really enjoyed it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning.
    I so attempted to be a scrapbooker but can't seem to be disciplined enough to do it. I have many friend who do it and love it!
    Having lost my mom years ago, I love when I come across posts of people spending quality time with their Moms! You wont ever regret that!!
    Happy Wednesday! Nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...