Thursday, February 5, 2015

Sunny Days Inspiration

SUNSHINE.  


I just googled and found out there is an average of 164 days of sunshine where I live.  164 out of 365.  That's only about 45% of the days in a typical year.  That puts our city at 44th of the list of the top 101 cities with the lowest average sunshine amount.  BOO.  Also - I just did all that MATH before 9:30AM.  If my calculations are wrong, don't tell me.  This is NOT a math blog - *wink.


Okay, so this is an average.  I get that.  That means there are some years where we have lots of sunshine, and other years... not so much.  Well, this has been one of those "not so much" years -- at least so far.  My south-bound mother teased me a little about my dismal outlook this year.  To that, I can only say, "Talk to the hand... You weren't LIVING it."  LOL.  Just teasin' ya back, Mom.  {By the way, nice tan!}


Anyways, I'm here to tell you that there have been a handful of sunshiny days in the last week or so, and... all record-making, taking, or breaking aside... I'll TAKE 'EM!


It was a dreary January, but as soon as the sunshine showed up, I felt like my brain was finally open for business.  I even went so far as to do a little crafting, resulting in some Valentine decor.  Kind of blew my own mind, since I've been in a long dry spell.


I also was inspired to do some picture-taking -- which I haven't done [just for fun] in a long time.  Most of the pics showed up on Instagram, as you know if you follow me there.  As usual, I'm way behind the curve when it comes to technology.  I've only recently "inherited" my daughter's old iPod.  It takes ridiculously crummy pictures, but I'm having fun with it nevertheless.  Someday, I will have something even "smarter."


But I digress.  


It took a fellow-blogger's comment to snap me out of the doldrums after THIS POST.  Amanda and I have become blogging buddies since we both participated in the "This Week in My Kitchen" bloghop.  She chided me, saying, "...really [pictures] are what jog our memories when we look back on life... TAKE MORE PICTURES, and stop wishing the winter away. ;)"

Thanks Amanda.  You were right.  {You can find Amanda's blog HERE.}


Picture-taking can really change your perspective on things.

The other day, I was downtown at a stop-light that was taking forever to change.  It was a beautiful sunny day, and all of a sudden it occurred to me that I might get an interesting "urban" shot of the red traffic light with the sunlight behind it.  So, instead of sitting at the red light tapping my fingers, I was taking pictures.  BOOM.  Perspective changed.

Try it.  You might be surprised.  Also: some of the best picture-taking happens on days without sun!  NO SHADOWS!


Don't forget: #LoveIsWorthCelebrating


1 comment:

  1. My husband and I were just talking about the sunny days. I thought last winter we had a lot of sunshine. We both felt this year even more. I mean I take 30 minutes a day as being a lot. SInce you are farther north maybe there are more clouds. Just think it is already Feb. and spring is coming.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...