Tuesday, August 20, 2013

What's Up? Maters!

Well, it looks like it's any day now for our Roma tomatoes.  Several of them are right on the edge of being fully-ripe.  I can't wait for BLT's with our own tomatoes!


On the other hand, it doesn't look so good for the Bell peppers this year.  I've taken a few pictures of them, and each time I return to find that the tiny pepper has been gobbled up.  The one in the picture below?  Gone.  (Sad face!)  We use a lot of peppers around here, and chili season is almost upon us as well -- so, you know... there's that.  But, it doesn't look like we'll be using our own peppers this year.

I'm blaming the groundhogs that we've seen around here lately.  That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.



2 comments:

  1. We have 'maters and peppers in pots in our courtyard and we're just now getting some each day. They sure taste yummy fresh off the vine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally, your tomatoes look wonderful, I am sorry about the peppers, but can relate as the excessive rains we had this summer ruined both our tomatoes and peppers.
    Thanks for visiting me, and for taking the time to leave me a sweet note.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...