Sunday, October 28, 2012

Thanksgiving 10.28

Saturday, I sat at my computer preparing a "thanksgiving" post for the day and thinking that I had so much to be thankful for.  Yet... putting that into words without making it seem sort of petty and ridiculous was difficult for me in that moment.  The things that I was thinking of were everyday kind of things, and yet to express appreciation almost seemed spoiled and pampered of me.  As if to say, "well God, of COURSE, I NEED that.  Thanks for givin' it to me!"  I don't know -- after all my "preaching" here on the blog, I just couldn't get into it.

And then the phone rang.  It was my sweet hubby, who had run over to church to pick up our daughter.  He had received a call from our son (on his way home from work) to say that he had hydroplaned, and spun out on the interstate.  Our son was fine, and so my husband went to meet him, to take care of the towing, and give him a ride home (his car was not fine).

Upon hanging up the phone, I immediately had a list of things to express thanks for that didn't seem so petty anymore.  And, now that I have gathered my wits about me... I can share them with you.


(this list continues from yesterday, in which I had already expressed thankfulness for our son's safety!)

Today, I am thankful for...

1. cell phones.  Since our son became a driver, I have become especially appreciative of them.  Friday night he texted to say "on my way home..." --and on Saturday morning, it was a call to say "I just hydroplaned on the interstate!"  Also, after hearing the news from my hubby, I could immediately call our son across town and hear his voice to "read" whether he was really okay.
2. seat belts.  They save lives.  'Nuf said.
3. no other cars involved.  Amen, and amen.
4. the man in the business suit, on his way to a "very important interview" that still took the time to stop to see that our son was alright.
5. that everyone at our house got a good night's sleep last night

Thought: Psalm 107:1

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...