Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dear Mr. Smucker,

I love your jars.


In fact, my family enjoys your actual products as well.  Apricot Preserves and Sugar-Free Concord Grape Jam are two of our often-purchased items.  Occasionally, we enjoy your Hot Fudge Topping in a favorite recipe.


But, I wanted you to know that I think your jars with the gingham lids are so cute, and totally worth saving for re-use of all kinds!

I store dehydrated onions in one jar in my spice cupboard.


This weekend, I bought taco seasoning in bulk (read: not individual packets), and today, I transferred it from the not-so-sturdy plastic container to one of the Smucker's jars that I'd saved.  When I open my cupboard, I see all kinds of gingham cuteness.


I wondered why you took the time to make those jar lids so attractive.  Now I know.  You were ahead of your time in thinking, "Reduce. Reuse. Recycle."  Thanks Mr. Smucker!

1 comment:

  1. You should forward this to the Smucker company. Who knows what might happen!!!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...