Monday, July 30, 2012

The Difference Between Boys and Girls

Oh no, it's not what you're thinking.  Let me tell you what's been happening at our house within the last week or so.


1. Our daughter was packing up for a week-long ministry trip - which you know if you're a regular reader here.
2. Our son packed up for an overnight, and a day at a Renaissance Fair.

I didn't mention ANYthing to our daughter about packing.  However, she had her bags packed almost a week in advance.  Her exit was organized and unhurried.

Our son had SO MUCH LESS to pack, and I suggested ahead of time that he prepare since he was having a friend over beforehand.  To him, this meant grabbing a sleeping bag and his allergy meds.  So, when we were done eating dinner and I said, "Are you all packed?"  he looked at me with something close to panic, and said he had never THOUGHT about clothes!  Um, hello?  His exit was unorganized and LATE.

I thought my suggestion ahead of time might've been a "heads up," but alas, no.  Go figure.  Boys will be boys.


In other news, I am kind of crushin' on this blue bottle that my son brought home from the Renaissance Fair.  He's rather proud of it since he won it at a ax-throwing contest.  Um, yeah.  Apparently he can really hurl those babies AND actually hit the target.  Who knew?


I washed it out for him... and while it sat on the counter, I could almost envision it added to my collection of counter-goodies in the kitchen.  I'm just sayin'.  It reminds me of something else that I've admired lately.


AND ONE MORE THING...  Happy Birthday to my friend Donna.  Every time I see her she tells me that she reads my blog faithfully -- so I know she won't miss this birthday wish!  Have a lovely day!  I hope it's filled with all the things you enjoy most!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Sally, I saw you on Emily's (chattingatthesky) site... You look really familiar! Do or did you happen to attend The Chapel??

    Beautiful blog, btw!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...