Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hydrating :: Fruitfully Speaking

Have you been drinking your water?  It's important all the time, I know -- but never moreso, than in this heat. I really try to drink water throughout the day, but I must confess -- I go in spurts.  Several days on, several days... not so much -- until I am reminded again:  DRINK YOUR WATER!


I had strawberries on my mind when I saw Aunt Ruthie's post.  We'd purchased a whole flat of strawberries over the weekend in anticipation of a picnic get-together.  I had a few berries to spare, so I couldn't wait to try this!

I took these photos, and happily drank this concoction.  But, I can't take credit for the idea.  I'm just here to tell ya...  Aunt Ruthie sure knows what she's talkin' about!




I did a little strawberry-mashing (which Aunt Ruthie suggests) to get the strawberries to release more of their sweetness.  And then... I inverted a cupcake liner to keep the flies away, grabbed my Karen Kingsbury book, and I was off to the patio!

I was accused of "livin' the Pinterest life!" *wink*

Guilty as charged.  No regrets.


What about you?

Do you put fruit in your water?  What kind?  It sure is a great way to motivate you to drink [more] water!  Susie Davis says Empire Apples are great for flavoring water, too.  I wanted to try that too, but wasn't able to find Empire Apples - I think I used Gala.  They made for a deliciously subtle apple water.



Fruity water.  Try it.  You'll like it.


Linking to a Cool, Impromptu Linky Party at Hating Martha.


2 comments:

  1. These look great. Now I'm going to have to add fruit to my water. Stopping by from Hating Martha. Thanks for the idea!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea to drink more water. Stopping by from Hating Martha. Have a great night! Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...