Friday, June 29, 2012

Inspiration from LMM

One my of favorite blogs is Lemonade Makin' Mama.  I am a "visual" person, and this lovely blog is picture-heavy -- which is a great thing for photo lovers like myself!!!

And then there's the fact that Sasha, the lovely blogger at LMM loves the Lord -- same as me. She is sweet, thoughtful, and full of thought... if you know what I mean.  [Speaking of thoughtful: I ordered a necklace from her ETSY SHOP.  As part of the order process, I typed her a little note that said I was excited to receive my necklace -- that I had set aside some birthday money to get myself this treat.  The other day, the necklace came in the mail with a "Happy Birthday!" tag attached.  How sweet is that?]


Anyways, I love to read Sasha's heartfelt posts about her family, and about lessons in faith. She also has lots to share about her home.

A couple months ago, I was struck by THIS POST -- one of those posts about making simple things beautiful. I'm all about that these days.  And, if I can do it without spending a lot of money?  All the better.  While I enjoyed the entire post, it was this picture that caught my eye.  It's dish soap in a beautiful corked decanter.

                                                                       Source: lemonademakinmama.com via Sally on Pinterest


While I've often admired the beautiful color of dish soap sitting on my counter-top in the sunlight, I don't keep my soap on the counter because the labeled bottle isn't particularly beautiful.

But now?  Well, color me inspired!  I sent a message to Sasha asking where she had found such a pretty bottle, and she directed me to Pier 1, saying the bottles were not expensive. (She was speaking my language!  This bottle was only $6.00.)


Of course, the soap was already at home... waiting for the perfect bottle.  Here's what I came up with:


Seriously, how pretty is that soap in the sunlight?


And here's the final result on my counter-top.  (Did you notice a sneak-peek of it yesterday in my post?)


Another happy ending.
Thanks for the inspiration Sasha!


4 comments:

  1. What a great idea, and oh so pretty!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just popped over there and I love all her photos. I'll check back with her later today and read some more posts. Cute soap "vignette"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you've found a kindred spirit. I'll have to visit her site because I have my dish-liquid in a pretty bottle too and would love to see what other photos she's got over there.
    I'm a visual person too - WAY visual. I even think in pictures which isn't always a good thing. Lol.
    Your bottle looks so pretty in the sunlight. Makes is a joy to store your soap on your counter doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sally, I checked out the Lemonade Makin' Mama blog and ca see why you like it. I'm with you, I like photo heavy blogs! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...