Friday, April 20, 2012

Morning

Here I sit, a hot cup of tea held on my lap.  Morning.

Morning used to be the enemy.


I am, by my very nature, a night-owl.  Grandparents, my dad, me, and now my daughter too.  Night owls.  Morning doesn't come quite so easily for us.

But, for me, the shift came last fall, when our son started school.  You've heard me tell it before.  And now -- morning isn't quite so hard.  In fact, my favorite weekdays are when my guys head out EARLY, my daughter is still sleeping, and I get the morning to myself.

I love the quiet of the house.  I love to sit here at my desk, the refrigerator running next to me.  Clock ticking on the wall.  The rest of the world, silent.

What's your favorite time of day?


1 comment:

  1. Morning actually... my body clock is turned 180 degrees from yours... lol! I feel like I've missed the day if I don't see the sun come up..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...