Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday Randomness 4.16

1.
Early on Saturday, I walked to the hair salon that is down at the end of our little street.  It's a convenient walk, and only $10, so it's our new go-to place for haircuts.  However, it's a one-man band -- or a one-lady band, as the case may be -- and the lady wasn't in.  She was out with a friend, the shop-sitter told me.  So, it was two more days of muddling through with this hair that grew long-ish and unmanageable overnight.  You know how it is?  One day it looks great, and the next day... not so much.  Guess where I'll be headed early on Monday?

2.
Also on Saturday, I went to the grocery store pharmacy to pick up a box of generic allergy medication.  In less than 15 days (since I bought the last box), the price has gone up $1.  It's still a tremendous deal, but... wow, slow down on the price increases already!

3.
I'll bet you think I've forgotten about Project Life Disney, right?  Not so.  For a few days it was too overcast to take good pictures of my pages, and then when it was bright and sunny, I didn't have time.  Don't worry.  More pages are coming soon.

4.
On Sunday, we attended "calling hours" for a friend who was a retired firefighter. Suspended from a firetruck ladder (and over the funeral home's driveway) was a huge American flag (I wish I had taken a photo!)  An honor guard was posted at the casket, and firemen were everywhere within the funeral home.  It was quite something.  Besides the awesomeness of camaraderie, teamwork, and brotherhood, what an awesome thing to give 31 years of your life to such a profession!  If you're like me, you can't imagine what motivates people to take these types of dangerous jobs.  But I am ever appreciative!

5. 
A picture of a pretty scene --taken on the front porch of an Amish country shop a few weeks ago:


This next one isn't particularly pretty,  but I snapped it for the sign.  This was outside of a antique store -- which was closed for the day.


There were all kinds of goodies at this place.


6.
Vee's first Note Card Party was a success, so now, she'll have one on the third Wednesday of every month.  I joined the first one HERE, and am thinking about gathering a group of photos for this month.  (That's coming up this week on Wednesday!)  If you have a set of photos to share, considering joining the party.  Find out more HERE.



A Haven for Vee

7.
Recently, my teenage son fell asleep while we drove a long ways home in the car.  Knowing he was tired, we let him sleep in the car when we arrived at home.  A short while later, he walked in the house saying sadly, "When I was little, I would fall asleep in the car, and wake up in my bed.  NOW, I fall asleep in the car, and wake up... in the car."  (I think I just heard some of you go, "awww...!")


8.
Here's a great Corrie Ten Boom quote that I've seen a few places lately:  "When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off.  You sit still and trust the engineer."  How quick we are to stop trusting when things don't go our way!   -- but God's plan is always better!

On that note, Happy Monday.
Hope you have a great week!
~Sally



1 comment:

  1. I love the Corrie Ten Boom quote! Your son's was cute too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...