Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hope Springs Eternal

So, with the rains, the snow has gradually melted away.  The biggest piles still remain, of course.  The air is very cold -- but there is something about being able to see the grass again, and having the sun out that makes you hope for springtime!  Today is that day.  I did a circle around our house and yard, and found these few bits of green.  It's so amazing to me that they are here -- after just being completely covered by snow less than a week ago.  What a mighty God we serve.  How amazing is his creation?  How awesome is it that He shares these bits of green with us long before the due season -- just to give us hope!

Sweet Woodruff ground cover

Daffodils! (and incredibly...weeds!)

Love this bright green mound of moss!

And would you believe -- strawberries!
This time of year is filled with wonder for me.  I love to "follow" all the little buds as they develop, and snap lots of pictures along the way.  One of my favorite things to photograph is flowers.  (You never have to ask them to sit still or smile!)  Start looking for little bits of springtime!  See how they encourage you!  Maybe you've already seen signs.  What have you found at your house?

Check this out. (Love it!)
Speaking of green:  Check out these re-usable canvas gift bags at in2Green.com.  Use them over & over for gift-giving.  Now that's a good idea.  As much as I like a pretty gift, it kills me to think how much I spend on wrappings when they only get torn off and destroyed or disposed of.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...