Monday, December 8, 2014

Life... an Occasion!

"I've been here, there, and everywhere," wrote one of my favorite bloggers, and I thought how lovely that sounded, and how I would like to write that to you and tell you of the places I've been that have kept me from being here.

But, in my case, that's only wishful thinking.  What's really been happening is that I have a few too many irons in the fire [plus, add a few "irons" that are only roadblocks in my own mind], a tad of allergy-or-something-crud that has been trying to beat me down for a few weeks, and we have been [until last Thursday] "one car down" from our usual parking lot -- causing us to be running here and there a little bit more than usual to accommodate everyone's work schedules.

I've got a few items that I really and truly just need to check off on my December calendar before I can move forward.  I have to say, this makes the rest of the month [and Christmas shopping] feel a little like the proverbial "other shoe" waiting to drop.

And then, a few days ago, when I least expected it (snuggled on the couch watching "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium"), I heard this:

"Your life is an occasion.  Rise to it!"

Rise to it.  Meet the challenge, in other words.

So, I am really trying.  Also, trying not to let that "dangling shoe dread" get to me -- because that's not usually my style.

Baby steps.

The tree is up, thanks to my girl.  It is as lit as it's gonna get, and I'm good with that.  I am reminding myself - as should you - that comparison is the thief of JOY.  My house at Christmas is not now, nor will it ever be the same as anyone else's house at Christmas.  We each do what works for us, and at our own pace.

Right now, that = one lit-only Christmas tree + simple holiday decor -- and JOY. [*wink]  This year, I have really let the decorations lead me instead of me leading the decorations.  I used to decorate for Christmas by pulling everything out of the storage boxes and finding a place for it.  NO MORE.  Now, I only grab what speaks to me, and usually I have already planned a place for it.  I've been waiting for a bright-shiny day to take some pictures around here, but that just hasn't happened.  This week promises to be a little slower schedule-wise, and so I'm hoping for that sun.

In the meantime, I'd like to recommend these great blog posts by some of my favs.  They'll help you keep things in perspective  -- you know, just in case the season is getting a little out of control for you.

*When You Need to UnDecorate for Christmas

The show must go on. But at what cost?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...