Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Gallery Wall Update... Already!

You can go HERE to read my complete Gallery Wall post, but here's a picture to show you what I ended up with.


I loved it for about 18 hours, and then... I just couldn't take that mirror any more.  At the time that I did the wall, my daughter said that she hoped I didn't put that mirror in a place that would startle her all the time.  Afterall, the wall is behind our kitchen table.  This area sees a lot of activity.  So, I hung the mirror high.

But, after living with it for several hours, I had to admit that even though it looked good up there, and we weren't startling ourselves or anything... I didn't really care for the things I could see in it --like the top of my refrigerator, or an odd look at where the wall meets the ceiling [depending on where you were standing].  So, the mirror came down.


I sort of prefer the irregular shape of the layout, rather than a perfect box of gallery elements on the wall.  I admit: I look at this arrangement every day and smile, and that {as a famous "friend" would say} is a GOOD THING.

 

As the U.S. rocks these freezing November temperatures, I hope that you are staying cozy and warm.  One of our local weathermen reported that ALL 50 STATES had freezing temperatures overnight on Monday, and that it was likely to be the case overnight last night as well.  Unprecedented for November.  We're off to a wild and crazy start... and it's not even officially winter yet!

Think warm thoughts!


1 comment:

  1. I do stuff like that all the time, too, Sally! I put it up and live with it to decide whether or not I like something. I like the irregular shape too...makes if more interesting! :) Enjoy your new view and stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...