Thursday, May 29, 2014

Recipe: Skillet Beef Chop Suey

Once upon a time, I told you that I would share this recipe.  I thought it was time.  It is still one of my favorites, and if I have all of the ingredients, it's an easy and delicious dinner!


Skillet Beef Chop Suey (4-6 servings)

1 lb. ground round
1½ cups celery strips
1 cup green pepper strips
1 large onion, wedged (I often use dehydrated onion flakes instead.  Before cutting the other veggies, I add a small amount of water to the veggie bowl & add 1Tablespoon of onions first, to hydrate.)

1⅓ cups water
2 T. cornstarch
2 T. soy sauce
1 tsp. garlic salt
⅛ tsp. black pepper

2 cups water
2 cups Minute Rice

Brown meat in large frying pan.  Drain grease.  Add vegetables.  In a bowl, combine water, cornstarch, soy sauce, garlic salt, and black pepper.  Mix well, and pour over meat/vegetable mixture.  Bring to a boil, and then turn to simmer until sauce is thickened, and vegetables are as done as you want them.  While this mixture simmers, prepare rice per package directions.  [Obviously the quantity of rice can be changed to suit your family.]

Serve meat and vegetable mixture over rice.  I like to have the soy sauce on hand for a little extra seasoning after I've served myself.

ENJOY!


To subscribe to Drinking From My Saucer via email
just enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...