Monday, February 24, 2014

Weekend Dinner: Roasted Vegetables and Smoked Sausage

We headed out Saturday morning on our usual adventure, with a stop at the grocery store to pick up some things for dinner.  My hubby had been craving kielbasa, which was on sale -- and I have been thinking about brussel sprouts.  I didn't know how I was going to marry the two for supper, but I was determined, and picked up a few extras items to help.

I love my brussel sprouts roasted in the oven, and decided to combine them with carrots (which I already had) and small red potatoes and asparagus (which we picked up at a local Penn-Dutch market).  My hubby had originally intended to grill the sausage, but we ran out of time, and it was easier to just put it in the oven with the veggies.  See directions below...

Ingredients before roasting

1.  Preheat the oven to 450F
2.  Wash and cut up all the veggies to roughly the same size.
3.  Combine veggies in a big bowl, and sprinkle them with olive oil, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
4.  Line a baking sheet with foil, and add the veggies.
5.  Cut up about half of a [Hillshire Farms] smoked sausage [which was what my hubby decided on], and add that to the baking sheet as well.
6.  Bake for about 20-25 minutes at 450.  You can adjust this time based on how tender you like your veggies.  My oven takes a while to warm up (even after it beeps to tell me it's ready), so... this timing was just right for me.

Another great PLUS?  If you line the baking sheet with foil, as I mentioned, clean-up is SO EASY!  All we had to wash was our plates and utensils!

Reviews?  My hubby said I can make this again anytime.  I enjoyed it as well.  Our daughter was less sure, being a little pickier about her veggies -- but she was a good sport.

Easy prep.  Easy clean-up.  (And no leftovers!)
My kind of meal!

{Salad & Veggies}


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...