Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mary Anne's Yummy Salad

I confess that this was a recipe that I tried cautiously at first.  My friend Mary Anne brought a salad that she said we just HAD to try.  The original recipe calls for red onions, which I don't generally care for -- and I had never tried feta cheese.  Well, I tried the salad, and am so glad I did.  I loved it - cautiously eating around the red onions, and yet liking the flavor that the onions gave.  Mary Ann said you could also substitute green onions, which I prefer -- so that is how I have always made this Yummy Salad.


And now, without further adieu, the recipe:



Mary Anne's Yummy Salad
1 tomato, diced
1 cucumber, seeded and diced
1-2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 red onion (or 1 bunch green onions), chopped
1 block feta cheese (I use the "traditional" flavor), crumbled
salt/pepper to taste, if desired

Mix all ingredients and refrigerate.
The flavor gets better & better!
~~~~~~~~
My kids call it the "Stinky Salad," but they're just jealous because I love it more than them.  (Not true.)  What IS true is that I am the only one in my family that will eat this salad.  It just doesn't appeal to anyone else.  I've even made it for a gathering with extended family, and it really wasn't a hit.  You know what that means, don't you?  When I make it, it is MINE-ALL-MINE!  (You can see where my kids might get the idea that I love it more than them - ha!)

Typically I make it, and it serves as my lunch for several days -- assuming that I don't snack on it here and there.  (Don't judge.  It's mostly vegetables for crying out loud!)

Try it, you'll like it.

p.s.  By the way, there's NO sneaking it!  I mean, you can try.  Usually though - if it is in the refrigerator, the kids know as soon as I open the door!  Yep - it's that stinky........(chuckle) * I MEAN, YUMMY.*

ENJOY!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...