Thursday, September 12, 2013

A "Sa-weeet" Sweet Potato Recipe

I mentioned that we visited my hubby's sister and her family on Labor Day weekend.  We had a fabulous visit, and ended up working on a dinner together.  We had delicious barbecued chicken, stir-fried asparagus, and sweet potato chips, along with some fresh veggies.  I think it was my hubby's idea to cut the potatoes up in slices, and then my sister-in-law remembered that she had an amazing "mandolin" type attachment for her KitchenAid mixer.  She attached it, and we started slicing those sweet potatoes.  I mean to tell you... it sliced them beautifully.  Nice and thin, too!

I decided to recreate the recipe at home today because it was so delicious I couldn't wait to do it again!  I didn't have a mandolin type gadget, so here's what I did:

INGREDIENTS: sweet potato(s), olive oil, freshly ground black pepper, sea salt.


1.  Preheat oven to 400F.
2.  Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
3.  Dice sweet potato(s) up into about 1/2" cubes & place on cookie sheet.



 4.  Sprinkle lightly with extra virgin olive oil, freshly ground black pepper, and sea salt.



5.  Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until they are done to your liking.  When you open the door to check on them, stir them around a little bit.  I let mine get a little brown & caramelized.  Yummy!

This is such a sweet & savory, deliciously simple side dish to make!

Difficulty Level: BEGINNER
Taste Level: OUT OF THIS WORLD!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! Love sweet potatoes any ole way but this way sounds great! Have to buy some. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh even fussy me likes Sweet Potato Fries...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes please. :) Thanks for sharing and inspiring me to get off the gas station pizza band wagon.

    Happy day!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...